It’s time to sign up for the Sheffield Together 10k, the race that will push you to the limits and
make a difference to local people affected by cancer every day.
Every step you pound, sweat drop you drip and muscle you stretch will help raise money for Cavendish
Cancer Care and the people we support. Alongside that, you’ll also (hopefully) have a great day out,
so what are you waiting for?
This is an excellent cause and it couldn’t be easier to help. Dig out your trainers, loosen up your
joints and sign up for a truly life changing event. The event takes place at Ecclesall Woods on Sunday 8th March, so whether you’re an experienced sprinter, an optimistic runner, a first time jogger, or a
happy walker - get your feet on the street and let’s go together towards a better future for
everyone cancer has impacted.
Take part, register now
How you can help.
Cavendish Cancer Care is a local Sheffield cancer charity that relies on the generosity and
commitment of its friends and supporters. We could not keep on helping people without the invaluable
efforts of volunteers, supporters and friends.
There are lots of ways you could help us to help other people cope with cancer. Find out more by
heading to www.cavcare.org.uk.
Every person like YOU who gets involved makes a real difference to Cavendish Cancer Care and people
living with cancer.
Take part, register now
Terms & Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions (“the Terms”) on which Cavendish Cancer Care ; referred to us as the Event Organiser accept electronic entries placed for this event namely Sheffield Together 2019.
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before placing an entry on the Website. You should understand that by submitting your entry form (“Entry Form”), you agree to be bound by these Terms.
By submitting my Entry Form electronically, I hereby declare that:
- 1. I understand that it is my responsibility to understand and abide by the Rules before, during and after the Event;
- 2. I will be at least 16 years old on the date of the Event and am entering my own details, or am the parent or legal guardian of a child and am entering the Event on their behalf.
- 3. I acknowledge that Event entry is personal to me and that I may not exchange it with, sell it, or transfer it to any other person.
- 4. I agree to conduct myself in a professional and cautious manner during my participation in the Event and
understand that I may be disqualified from the Event if I do not do so. I accept that, in relation to my participation in the Event, the function of the marshals and relevant signage is only to indicate direction and that I must decide if the movement is safe.
- 5. I understand and agree that I participate in the Event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that I must conduct myself in a manner that is safe for myself and all others throughout the duration of the Event.
- 6. During my participation in the Event I will run/walk with care and attention and will abide by the Rules, and be mindful of others in the Event and members of the public alike
- 7. I acknowledge that participation in the Event is physically strenuous and demanding. I am aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved. I further certify that I am physically capable of participating in the Event and am capable of completing the Event. I will only participate in the Event if I am fit enough to do so.
- 8. If I have any medical condition/s, including allergies, which the Event Organiser or Event medical advisors might need to be aware of, I undertake that I have provided details of these on my Entry Form.
- 9. I accept full liability and responsibility for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the Event.
- 10. I accept that Cavendish Cancer, the Event Organiser, the Event sponsors, organisers, officials, medical advisers and any person involved in the organisation of the Event are not liable for any injury or illness that I may suffer as a result of my participation in the Event, whether prior to, during or subsequent to the Event.
- 11. Whilst the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, I accept that I must make all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of my person and of my property during my participation in the Event. I further acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is my responsibility.
- 12. I accept that it is my responsibility to provide and use suitable footwear in the form of running shoes or trail shoes and suitable running kit.
- 13. I accept that the Event Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event format or cancel the Event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or any other act of god conditions. I accept that my Entry Fee shall be non-refundable in such circumstances.
- 14. I understand that confirmed entry to the Event is dependent on a fully and accurately completed online Entry Form; and receipt of payment to cover my Entry Fee at least 10 working days (2 weeks) in advance of the Event. If either of these conditions is not fulfilled then my entry may not be valid nor accepted, and I will not be eligible to take part in the Event.
- 15. Through my completion and submission of the online Entry Form, I am committing to paying for my Event entry via the means as instructed on the Website.
- 16. I accept that all correspondence and enquiries about the Event shall be directed to the relevant Event Organiser.
- 17. I irrevocably consent to my appearance in any media format, in relation to the publicity of the Event, and in future publicity and advertising the Event Organiser; provided that such use does not imply my direct endorsement of any official sponsor or suppliers of the Event.
- 18. I understand that my personal details (including but not limited to name, age group, gender) will be stored electronically the Event Organiser. Such information may appear on the public list of participants on the Cavendish Cancer Care website. By entering the event, the rider or their representative consents to the Event organiser being given access to their data.
- 19. The Event organiser reserves the right to vary these Terms effective immediately upon posting on the Site.
Limitation of Liability – your attention is particularly drawn to this section
- 20 .If for any reason the Event is cancelled or postponed, please review the specific event details, rules and terms & conditions which have been documented by the Event Organiser. If a refund is appropriate, the participant should contact the Event Organiser.
- 21. Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits the Event Organiser’s liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (iii) any breach of the obligations implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; (iv) any deliberate breaches of these Terms that would entitle you to terminate the Terms; or (v) any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- 22. These Terms (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. The participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the Entry Form it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to this agreement or not) other than as expressly set out in these Terms.
- 23. To the extent permitted by law, all provisions of these Terms shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision.
- 24. The Event Organiser will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
- 25. A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 26. These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction